LemFi (YC S21) is building the neo-bank for the African diaspora in North America & Europe & the UK. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
Who you are:
You are a motivated and energetic person who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours. The teams here at LemFi are passionate about their work and fields of expertise but also lend hands-on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
The role of Financial Crimes Manager, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance, is a fully remote position within LemFi’s Compliance team.
In this role, you should have an advanced demonstrated knowledge of global AML/CFT compliance program requirements and best practices with, at minimum, 5 years in an AML compliance role. Additionally, you should have held an FIU or EDD-focused management role.
This role will have the primary responsibility of managing LemFi’s global AML compliance framework as it pertains to transaction monitoring, law enforcement requests, case investigations, suspicious activity/transaction reporting, simplified and enhanced due diligence; high risk customers; customer risk scoring; country risk assessment; and partner requests for information. The role will act as the first point of contact for the operational Compliance teams before escalations to the Compliance Officers.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Enhance the global FIU, fraud, and EDD frameworks;
- Align with the Compliance Officers in ensuring the FIU, fraud, and EDD frameworks are compliant with relevant country requirements and fits LemFi’s business model;
- Manage and oversee the transaction monitoring relationship and rule building/refining process with LemFi’s transaction monitoring vendor;
- Oversee the 314(b) process in the United States;
- Manage the process for requests for information (RFIs) from our payments and banking partners;
- Minimum 5 years of total AML compliance experience;
- Held an FIU or EDD-focused AML compliance management role;
- Comprehensive knowledge of US, UK and Canadian regulatory requirements;
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to thrive as part of a team and be an empowering, constructive and considerate colleague;
- Ability to take ownership of your work product and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment;
- Fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written including the ability to produce high spec PowerPoint presentations;
- Data and analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and the ability to perform data analysis;
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems;
- Adaptability to global operational needs and ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.
- Preferred location of Hire- Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe
- Held an AML compliance position previously in a fintech company;
- Knowledge of AML regulatory requirements and developments within Nigeria and countries within Europe;
- CAMS certification (or equivalent)